Follow by Email

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Homemade crayons

Well if your kids are like mine, they have a bucket (or some sort of storage container) for their crayons.  This is where the broken, old pieces go, when they don't like them any longer because they are too short, don't like the color anymore, can't peel the paper down by themselves, etc.  Well I wanted to do something with these instead of throwing them away or let them just sit in their bucket, so I searched out my answer.

I found a great tutorial on how to make homemade crayons out of these old, broken, unwanted pieces.  We made a batch of 12 to start, just to see how well the method worked.  It worked great!  I had found another tutorial to start with, but it used a double boiler and I was a little leary.  The method we used was so simple and my kiddos loved the end result. 

If you are interested in making some for your kiddos (or secretly for yourself), you can find the tutorial here http://www.ehow.com/how_4860506_start-making-crayons-easy-recipe.html.  It was mega simple and the baking portion only took 10 minutes.  The entire process took about 30 minutes, but remember, we made a small batch, so we didn't need a lot of old crayons.

Happy crayon making!!!








These were our finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment