Follow by Email

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Hard Way

Well it certainly has been a long time since I have written anything for this blog.  A lot has been going on in our house since my last post.  Without going into a lot of detail.....there are things going on with child custody between my husband and his ex wife and they are not pretty!  

Now normally this wouldn't or shouldn't be a hard thing to do.  Just get along for the sake of your children and fight with each other, when the children aren't around, if that's what you want to do.  Unfortunately, my husband has an ex wife, who doesn't feel that way.  

I have been with my husband for six years and married five of those.  We have been fighting with his ex in court for the entire six years.  In 2006 he was granted sole custody of all of his children and his ex was given once a month visits with them.  Ever since then, she has made it her mission to make our lives hell! 

Yesterday was the last draw for me! She refused to return our youngest daughter(my husband's from his first marriage) and we literally had to get the judge involved to force her to return her.  Over the years, this type of event has become something she does and it causes great disruption to our home, not to mention it is not healthy for the children.  

The system is very messed up in the state of North Carolina and that is not the only place.  I just say NC because that is where our matters are heard because that is where they started and have never stopped.  I don't understand though.  In 2006, when my husband was granted custody, his ex was found unfit and there were a long list of reasons why.  We have video of her from facebook, drunk with the children present and one of them videoing her in January of this year.  There are liquor bottles on the kitchen counters and open containers also.  How does a woman who was found unfit and then five years later lets her child video her drunk and post it to facebook with the other children present, have a leg to stand on?  

All I can say is I am glad I have God and my faith because without it I don't think I could get through this.  I would be a basket case.  

My precious children.

Our children at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment